Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve's Festivities

We started with a couple birthday presents for the BIG FOUR-YEAR-OLD... which he LOVED!
A video camera, a Leapster reader pen, a couple new leap books, and a Mickey Mouse DVD.
HMMMMM... Can you guess which he liked best?
I can say that there about 1 MILLION videos of him saying "video, mom say hi" "Trina say cheese its a video" and "hey dad its a video" or my favorite "La la la la la la la... I am making a video of me"
AND then on to my folks for what was expected to be a huge disaster of children running mad, someone crying and everyone complaining.... BUT actually was FANTASTIC! All the children were well-behaved and played nicely together, they were not antsy for their gifts AT ALL...SO great!
We had to leave there and continue our journey...On to the 'Cella house where chaos ensued which was ALSO unexpected! Dinner and desert both smooth, but when it came to the gift exchange we all had too much to drink, and were mean and exchanging like crazy until we left at which point I am told there were tears! Next year, perhaps change again!
I did have the time to introduce a NEW family tradition after the BEAUTIFUL yearly rendition of THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS... I wrapped a Christmas ornament in a pretty box and placed it in a gift bag. Now, each year the person who receives it will fill the box with a new ornament and re-exchange the following Christmas.

No comments: