Saturday, March 23, 2013

RUN for the families

My first 5k after Christian was born and it could not have been for a better cause! Matt and my friend Katie worked diligently creating the Sandy Hook Run for the Families and participating in the race could not be missed!
It was so cold, so we bundled. It started to sleet, so we bundled more, but we did not stop running. We could not stop running in the memory of those poor babies taken too soon.
It was so hard to keep moving, and that had nothing to do with the temperature or the fact that I had a baby weeks earlier and was running with him strapped to my chest while pushing the 'big' kids in a double jogger... I couldn't stop, not while I was thinking about how lucky I am to be running with my babies, when other moms, will never again have the ability to do that.

The race was put together very well, down to the stuffed animals awarded to every child participating in the kids fun run race.




No comments: