Monday, August 11, 2008

Anniversary


Matt and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary this weekend.
The funny thing is, I can remember getting married like it was yesterday! Never have I been so excited about an event (other than Jonathan- which really isn't an event)

We got a sitter (thanks mom) and went to dinner at the Milestone Inn on Saturday the 9th. It was so nice. We were the only ones there. I ordered the fettuccine pancetta, and Matt the grilled pork chop. We had a delicious Mediterranean ravioli for an appetizer. Of course we had desert too, I had the peach melba and Matt the carrot cake. PERFECT!
When we came home, Jonathan was sleepy, so we all went to bed early.
Matt had beautiful flowers delivered to the house. What an adventure, trying to open the door with a baby in one arm and a dog in the other, not to mention I needed to sign and carry in flowers....eek!
And tonight Matt came home with dinner (our actually anniversary) chicken parm and fried ravioli... YUMMY!
He bought me a beautiful quilt with our names and wedding date on it, (since it was the cotton anniversary), and I got him MOJITOS, and a couple plaques to hang on the wall "Grow old with me, the best is yet to be" and "Happily Ever After". We went to bed early again, Matt said he wanted it to be just like our wedding night... lol
Jonathan is STILL probably wondering what an anniversary is, since he has heard the word six or seven times over the weekend, and from various people....lol

No comments: