Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Can we go home now?

Like all mothers I am fascinated by the gaze of my newborn baby girl. Not only is she gorgeous, but she also gives testimony to the very existence of God. Who can ever doubt the presence of a loving Father when holding a new baby, stroking silky-soft skin and seeing tiny but perfect fingers and toes? The Mastermind of the universe has orchestrated all of this. Birth is a beautiful experience.

I could just gaze into her beautiful brand new eyes all day, but the walls of this hospital room feel like they are closing in on me, and I need to hold her in the comfort of our very own home, where people can call and ask to visit, the chores can pile up and her big brother can cover her in kisses....
But here we wait for one doctor after another to okay our exit...

No comments: