Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Holding our new little one...



The day I gave birth to our daugther was the end and the beginning of something beautiful. The culmination of nine months of physical, emotional and spiritual preparation for the birth of our baby, it was also the beginning of our life with children. The birth itself was a transition from one stage of our life together to another. Just holding her and looking into her eyes, I saw my life in a whole new way that day.

My fears of holding my baby melted into joy at the touch of new skin, skin that had never before been "outside." We experienced the joy together, Matt and I, and it has only strengthened the bond of our marriage.

Every birth is unique, and each is a life experience, one that should be shared by husband and wife, mother and father, as they grow not only a baby, but also a family.

No comments: