Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Long awaited arrival

I am not a fan of pregnancy, so the fact that our little girl went beyond the expected 36 weeks did not put a smile on my face!
Finally, she decided to make her entrance into the world on.....

May 18, at 9:37 am.

Despite the fact that I complain about the pregnancy, it wasn't all that bad...now that its over! I guess I am not a big fan of all the waiting... That is definitely the worse part. The birth itself is pretty easy, as far as labor goes....

My contractions started at 6:45 am on the 18th, and progressed VERY quickly(although I felt exhausted and pretty darn crappy since the afternoon of the 17th). My water did not break on its own, which I had expected. Matt and I drove right to the hospital and because of traffic, the doctor actually beat us this time! Upon arrival, the initial check showed I was seven centimeters dilated, which also surprised me, since with Jonathan I arrived completely ready to go. I guess seven was enough though, or maybe it was my history, because we were moved right in to the delivery room. At 9:22 am, the dr. broke my water and told me I could start pushing when-ever I was ready. I waited a few moments to "get the nerve", and started at 9:30, Katrina made her much awaited entrance into this world at 9:37. Unfortunately, just to scare Matt and I, she exited too quickly so there was a lot of mucus remaining inside her and the umbilical cord was wrapped around her, fortunately, the doctors acted very quickly.

No comments: