Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Your ONLY a Stay-At-Home-Mom???

1. I am blessed enough to be financial stable while being home with my children. It is FANTASTIC! When they go to school, I will get a TRADITIONAL job! In the meantime, I will hold them, nurture them clothe them and educate them. I will continue to provide them with educational activities and healthy treats; I will continue to explore the world from the comfort of our home and the wilderness outside. I am calling it my JOB to be home, and I take it seriously. It is WORK and it should be WORK, NOT a vacation!

2. June Cleaver, THANK YOU. She enjoyed the WORK, and embraced the dedication that came along with being a STAY AT HOME MOM.

3. I am home and taking it seriously, I am tired and SHOULD be tired… I should be well,... WORKED!

4. A couple dozen brownies, will take maybe an hour, so I’ll just do it. And write it down, that’s a favor I'll can cash in later. While I'm baking I will be teaching my children the importance of friendships, and being dependable. They can assist me in the preparation and learn how to measure, count and cook.

5. All day with my kids, no you cannot imagine! I am so blessed for the opportunity to be the sole provider of care, education, health and nutrition. THANK YOU for reminding me.

6. I would be lying if I said it were easy. We all make sacrifices for the greater good of our families and our children. I pick up part-time jobs whenever I can just so we can grocery shop, vacation and send the kids to private organizations and activities.

7. I wake, make my children a REAL breakfast, clean the kitchen, spread out an activity I pre-organized for the children to complete so I can work-out without tripping over them the WHOLE time, discuss the schedule for the day with the children, complete a reading activity, complete a mathematical activity, prepare lunch while the children play with a ‘daily special’ (musical instrument, physical movement activity, computer, library book, art project), serve lunch to the family, shower while they eat, put the little one down for a nap, set up an independent activity for the older child, wash – dry – fold – put away several loads of laundry while cleaning each room one at a time and playing a board game with the older child, prepare a nutritional snack, wake the little one, serve the snack, read a themed book to the children for either science or history and perform the associated task or activity, play outdoors or indoors WITH the children, prepare dinner while the children continue to play, serve dinner, while the children are eating – run a bath for the smallest child, bathe the child while the older child completes an independent activity, read a story to the children, put the small child in bed, bathe the older child, read another story, place the older child in bed. When the house is quiet, I wash the floors, surfaces and remaining laundry while MAYBE watching a few moments of television… Why? What do YOU do all day?

8. I have several degrees, I utilize them every day. My degree in education assists me in creating curriculum for the shoreline school districts, BUT even if I didn’t do that, I create, plan, and implement educational learning experiences for my children SEVEN, yes SEVEN days a week. My degree in child development has enabled me to land a FOURTH part-time job in creating, recruiting and impending physical activities for kindergarteners --- and even if I didn’t have THAT job, I use my degree daily in confirming my children are at or above level in ALL the tasks they will need to perform at the age and ability levels.

9. My children do NOT cling, they understand that I, their MOTHER am ALWAYS here and available for them to love, nurture and care, to listen, guide and support.

10. My house is lived in, loved and utilized, anytime anyone enters it is a safe, organized, germ-free, clutter-free environment, but by the time our children are done... it is lived in once again.

No comments: