Friday, December 7, 2012

Planning ahead...

Always be prepared and always plan ahead when homeschooling.

I have decided to post "previews" of all my curriciulum and planning tools.

Each year I am composing or modifying an outline for the entire year for each grade level (Pre-K, Grade 1-2, Grade 3-4 and any others based on requests), split between subject areas and topics. All very broad, but helpful in planning each indiviual month and enabling scheduling of lessons.

Each month, I am composing a breakdown of monthly activities, events and even weekly themes. This will be broken down by subject area.

Each week I will lay out the specifics. A lesson for each day for each subject area, along with 2 or 3 alternate activities to teach the same skill. I will create 2 different layout options for ease of use, both covering all the general subject areas (language arts -reading/comprehension, phonics, spelling, vocabulary, grammar; mathematics; science; history/social sciences; religion or social skills; handwriting or fine motor skills; arts - physical activity, music, computers/electronics, arts and crafts, library science;)

No comments: