Monday, June 21, 2010

Household Manual -cooking


Who cooks for the family?

I do 99% of the cooking in the house. I control the food in the house because I do the grocery shopping and I think it is important as a mother to provide healthy choices for my family.

Does anyone else ever cook? Who and why?

On Thursday evening the children and I share an extended family meal. And every other Friday night we order in.

Do you all eat together and where do you eat?

Matt and I make it a point to have the whole family together at dinner. We all sit around the table and we spend this time catching up and connecting as a family.

What are your top three dinners? Please include recipes.

1. Grilled chicken, salad, boiled corn on the cob (Lightly buttered), Rice or Pasta tossed cheese Sauce.

2. Grilled pork chops, boiled red potatoes, salad, steamed broccoli lightly buttered add healthy salt (Celtic Sea Salt).

3. Ground turkey Burgers, 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns, salad, green beams steamed & lightly buttered w/ healthy salt, sweet potato french fries.

Do you or anyone in the family have any special dietary requirements? Is there anything you won't eat?

Our diet is very important to us. I would say we strive to eat A TON of fruits and vegetables. We don't do beef, and the kids and I eat only mildly flavored foods.

How often do you eat out at restaurants? Do you take the kids?

Matt and I rarely go out to eat, with or without the children.

What kind of restaurants do you go to?

Matt and I prefer a little more casual dining but on a nicer scale, and always a family atmosphere.

How often do you or your family eat fast/junk food? What kind do you eat?

We never eat fast food. We mostly prefer to take the kids to places with food and games and stuff but try to make the healthier choices.

As far as junk food it is very limited and is used as a reward for eating properly throughout the day. Too much sugar in a kid's diet can lead to improper behavior.

No comments: