Sunday, June 20, 2010

Household Manual -overview

We are a family of hard-workers who DREAM BIG and go for it in everything we do. Our dream is financial success, happiness and a well rounded life. Our 2.5 year old son Jonathan is a little tycoon who can virtually convince anyone of anything! Our 1 month old, I am certain will be just as goal-oriented, in time.

"Be your best self" is a saying that I use to remind the children to be the best person possible everyday. I say it over and over and I want Matt and my kids to say it too so that they are constantly striving to be their best. I wake the kids each day with positive affirmations telling them "You Are Awesome", "You Are A Good Person", "You are Smart" and "You're the best!" Positive reinforcement is the key to success in life.

I have been a stay at home Mom for a short time and do plan to return to work (as an elementary school teacher) but until I do, I will remain at home. I am a schedule oriented person and I continue that throughout the household.

Matt works second shift full time at a worldwide helicopter company to allow me to return to work, should the availability arise. He also works part time as an EMT, which allows me the financial flexibility to be at home.

In order to be our best we have to feel our best, and we can't do that in ratty, torn, stained clothes, eating fatty fried foods or letting ourselves go physically. We have strict appearance rules – we wear clean cut clothes, and neatly groomed hair. We strive to eat our daily allotment of fruits and vegetables daily and limit the kids to one treat a day to ensure that their behavior is not altered due to bad eating habits. Matt and I work out daily (separately) and we also get plenty of exercise playing with the children. I want my family to always put our best foot forward because I believe that communicates a big part of who you are.

We maintain a strict schedule every day and are training the kids to complete their daily routines efficiently so the house runs smoothly. We also have a marble jar for the kids a reward system for contributing and always obeying the first time!

We are the Marcella Family: Matt (29), Jamie (28), Jonathan (2), and Katrina (infant)

No comments: