Monday, June 21, 2010

Household Manual -relationship


How would you describe your relationship with your partner?

We complete each other, as silly as it sounds. I think Matt would agree in that when we are apart we do not feel "whole", yet we are not just each half a person, we have our own personalities and styles, BUT we truly enjoy each others company.

What is the best thing about your relationship?

The best thing about is we get along. He trusts and respects me and he listens to my ideas- and I him. Matt and I are best friends and partners and we tag team on every aspect of our lives. We both have big dreams and big aspirations and we work together to fulfill those dreams every day.

What annoys you about your partner?

I don't like it when Matt gets too angry with the kids. I like to be more encouraging with my words and always be positive.

Another thing that bothers Matt about me is our work schedules, but it is essential at this point, so I deal with it. It also bothers me that Matt works out for 90 minutes a day, sometimes postponing our daily activities. It sometimes feels that the workout comes before the family and it is a little annoying.

What do your partner and you disagree about the most?

One of the biggest things that we disagree about is that when to give a time-out to the children and the consistently of such.

What happens when you disagree?

When we disagree we both really annoyed. We are not yellers, but I tend to not listen to what Matt will tell me because I am talking through him. We strive to always wait until the children are not in the room to disagree, but it is still done in a quiet respectful manner.

No comments: